Saturday, April 17, 2010

Showing off the ipad at Buffalo Wild Wings in southgate

I've been spending time getting final edits in for the Star Stuff News letter. Now if I head out to a WIFI spot and pull out the iPad, people often will just start asking questions and want to know what I think. I often end up breaking into a demo and sales pitch, just showing the device to folks basically sells them on the idea. Many hear about it but haven't seen one yet and I end up showing them different APPS and almost always the Astronomy Star Charting programs. Everyone continues to be impressed.

Sometimes I'll just throw out a quick blog and a photo to show them how great BlogPress is on the iphone and how I can basically throw out a quick blog entry here anytime I want to with the iphone. This is great for breaking news or announcing something about the observatory. I'm hoping things will start to finally settle down next week as we work on doing some final fixes or driving a steak through the heart of a system that is malfunctioning.

I'm hoping for some good skies and some rest to be ready to go out and open up and get more things setup at the observatory.

My days have been long at work and very draining on my energy, just because of the long hours and constant need to do more with less human resources or help. Everyone seems nice, but many are pretty busy and many even are into their vacations and getting away. It can make it tough to fix a system when all the people you'd deal with are constantly gone. Oh well, that's why they call it work.

I'm hoping to get some really good experimentation and knowledge in using the Celestron telescope and hooking it up to a new SKYFI box that just arrived in the mail. This SKYFI box will allow an iPod touch, iPad or IPhone the ability to link and control the telescope wirelessly. Even over the internet, if we get the router configured properly. This would be a really interesting novelty at least. I'm looking forward to getting this to work and at least testing the system. Right now I need to get a Losmandy cable however, as I only purchased a cable for Celstron telescopes.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment