Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fortunately sky conditions were not that good last time out

I wanted to get up and visit the observatory during last nights rain storm to check again for leaks. I think it might be aa others have suggested, a leak from the shutter. There was water on the step ladder near the shutter. It would have been great to have been inside during the rainstorm, but by the time I made it out much of the rain subsided.

Hopefully I'll catch it the next time or perhaps attack the dome with an oversized super soaker.

I also thought a half a dozen little pails or perhaps a live webcam feed with some lights aimed at the dome would provide a clue as to the exact leak.

I guess there's no substitute for being there.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment