Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quick survey of sky tonight

The sky wasn't supposed to be that good tonight, but it's warm and I'm out late. . . It looks clear and although I'm really tired and in need of sleep I decided to stop by for a quick look at Mars to see how good conditions look.

Sky conditions were not very good. And as I tried to look at a few objects clouds moved in. I checked the WIFI connection for my laptop at the observatory without any luck. Either the signal was to weak or the setup isn't allowing the laptop through the firewall. I think it's the signal strength. Without some kind of repeater or something in the observatory I doubt we'll be able to connect other laptops. I'm going to have to chat with George about this because I thought he might have been connected, but it may not have been via wifi earlier.

On the positive side Mars was centered even in high powered eyepieces with the current model in the scope, however our model was re-synced to an area near Mars and I didn't have time as it was late to play with the model or see how far off it would be for other objects.

It's great to be outside in the warm weather. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow but I do.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Champaign Rd,Lincoln Park,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment