Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Last minute view at moon with binoscope

Woke up late and headed out to take a look at sky conditions. Conditions are marginal at or near horizon with some passing clouds. Like a bowl. Just looked at the moon and took a few shots of the binoscope by the observatory to get some kind of photographic record.

The moon at 36 power through the binoscope looks to flicker a bit almost like a tv image. Contrast and details are still amazing with two eyes. Really love this for lunar viewing. Now I'll have to pick up some moon filters for this. Later before I left I tried taking a quick look at the moon throughout my little Bushnell F4 4 inch telescope,using a 32mm eyepiece. The little bushnell gave an extremely wide field view at a much lower power. I could fit six moons inside the field of view, that is to say six moons across with the little F 4 rich field. The little scope had a wider field than the higher powered and narrow field Vixen binocular telescope. View thought the binocular telescope was of course much more pleasing.

Picture of binoscope and observatory at night to follow in later posts. Really nice light breeze and moist air, still humid and warm out but almost ideal except the sky isn't perfect but rather a semi hazy bowl. I didn't take any pictures of the rich field 4 bushnel telescope in action.

Sitting by the football field two kids yelled out of their cars as they drove by. Looks like some kids are out and enjoying the night cruising this evening.

No mosquitoes, but I stayed on the black top and sidewalk.

I'm leaving the school now to grab a late night snack. I probably won't return tonight becuse I had a long day and I'm ready to get some sleep after the food run.

There us a bright star less than a half a moon behind on the dark side. Probably was oculted/covered by the moon earlier. Very visible through the binoscope and the background looks jet black.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment