Saturday, July 3, 2010

I stayed up all night and was home and falling asleep at 6am

I finally tore myself away from the eyepiece. Jupiter was so wonderful to view under the clear transparent conditions. I basically couldn't walk away from the eyepiece.

Nobody else showed up but I may be out tonight at the observatory or take my telescope out somewhere else.

I also may be out at the observatory this afternoon to so some solar observing at 4pm. Check back here for more details or post a reply if your interested.

Click on full sized image below to get an idea what Jupiter looked like this morning through the eyepiece. It was so bright it looked like a full moon and was almost blinding in the eyepiece.

Also it had an covered 4 degree field of view inside the eyepiece, which means it appeared to be 8 times bigger than a full moon would look to the naked eye (observing the moon without a telescope) looking at the moon.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment