Saturday, July 24, 2010

Here's a shot from a few weeks ago : the ring nebula

Here's a wide field shot. This was shot at the observatory using my canon t1i on the Meade 80mm refractor. This is mounted with a t ring adapter on the Meade and of course the mount allows tracking for this long exposure.

I'll have to look up the length of the exposure and other data from the metadata on the image. It maybe something like 30 seconds at iso 800 or something near to that if I can recall correctly. I'll check and repost.

The ring looks almost like this size wise with a low powered eyepiece like the 40mm through a wide field scope like Seans 10 inch rich field Orion telescope or something like the 10 inch Newtonian I use which is a f5.35. Both being rich field scopes.

This of course is a much smaller telescope but the long exposure makes up for the smaller size objective.

You may have to click on the following to load the larger sized image.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment