Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Richard visited the Hector J Robinson observatory today

Here's a photo I was able to take of Richard in front of the telescope with my Canon Eos camera. I'd send this to his email, but my last email bounced and wasn't delivered. So here's the photo Richard.

You can see this was when we were observing the sun through special telescopes and filters designed to allow one to safely view the sun.

Richard told me when he was young, some made safe glass to view an eclipse through. Of course we know now that the instructions they used to create safe glass at that time were wrong. You need to be extra careful and insure you have the correct setup to view the sun. When in doubt, stay safe and if you wonder it's better to consult with an astronomer to insure your using a safe method to view the sun.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment