Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Not much to report today

It's cloudy this evening.

I spent some time going over clips and photos I took last night as well as other astronomy photos.

With digital cameras you can take a lot of photos cheaply. But then of course you have to store and try to organize them for later use.

Probably 80 percent of my photos are not something I can use later. A lot of junk photos.

With digital you seem to be able to be a pack rat and store and horde almost every photo you've taken.

Of course that can get tone a huge problem, with many cameras as well. Digital point and shoot, slr styled cameras, images from an iPhone, and from camcorders aa well.

Photographers use database photo libraries, but still need to work to organize there photos.

For the apple computer iPhoto is a nice product but it will start to chock on some machines when you get over 10000 photos.

I probably have 30,000 photos but not all in a library. Digital astrophotographers take many photos of the same object to stack them. This makes storage and organization even more critical. One if my problems is I don't spend or have enough time to organize all these photos and I'm not even seriously into astrophotography yet.

I was primarily looking for photos related to the observatory tonight. Getting stills for a cable show segment. FAAC gas a cable show and I am putting together a little intro summary clip about the observatory.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment