Monday, September 13, 2010

Great time observing the sun

I didn't have a lot of time to observe the sun today after work.

I rushed to te observatory and announced Otto faac members and Tim Dey that I would be there.

There were many distinct features and promanences on the sun today.

Ed out technology guy from the school showed up as well he saw te observatory open. Soccer players were nearby from a visiting school. I asked Tim if Ed being present was enough school support presence to show the kids the sun. Tim went out and started inviting kids in to observe through the solar scope. We had some adults view the sub as well.

I had to close up. An older gentleman from the neighborhood arrived am we chatted a while. I told him I has to leave and might be back later. But my late departure meant I would not be able to get to a
Bakery in time.

So I called a friend who is in the club and asked a favor. Could he pick up preordered nake goods for me. He did, but then we talked and started looking attge faac video footage I shot and put together.

We went out to eat and he offeredany good editing suggestions and tips. We ran out of time. I'm tired and the sky is wonderful but I stayed up to late last night.

So I have to go to sleep,

I was trying to do to much and I won't be able to open the observatory tonight. Sorry guys.

Here's a photo of some of the kids today who looked thru the solar telescope at the sun.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment