Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two nights of observing

Tuesday we had eight Faac members show up at the observatory. We had a few telescopes setup outside.

We were looking through these telescopes at M42, Saturn and the moon. We didn't look at a lot of objects but sone played with aatrophotography with cameras they brought along.

It was a great time.

Then Wednesday I was busy and couldn't get out until late. I decided to try something different. A spur of the moment bike ride and attempt to take a small scope along. I figured I could look at the moon at my destination if there was a spot for a tabletop mount.

I took a small scope to Old Chicago Pizza in Southgate Mi.

About ten people at the restaurant were able to view the moon. I took a 25mm, 15mn and 2x Barlow with me so we had four powers to use during my late dinner sidewalk astronomy session.

Here is a photo of last nights setup at Old Chicago.





I took a few photos if the moon through the eyepiece of this setup after eating a late night dinner. Below is one of my quick iPhone pictures of the moon.

Some turned out better than others. I don't have the entire moon in the shot below.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment