Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tonight idid a quick test of registax software on a moon avi file

I was busy today and noticed the moon was out and the skies were clear but wouldn't be for long.

I decided to quickly get a clip from the Stellacam using the Meade refractor and try to see if registax could process it.

The pc at the observatory had been loaded earlier with registax 4 which is software that can convert avi movies from webcams into improved still images.

This was just a quick test and there is a lot to learn with thus software.

I didn't plan on spending much time there. The version four software chocked on avi files giving a frame decode error. I downloaded version 5 and the program stated it was version 5 beta when it launched.

Version 5 beta didn't choke on the same 5 second avi file.

I used default settings which took a long time to process.

At the end of processing the user can play with wavelet processing of the resulting image. This will give more relief and sharpness to some features like the edges of craters.


Here's one of the resulting images. I will likely spend a lot more time playing with registax in processing future video files taken at HJRO.

Is is just a test and there is a lot of room for improvement.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment