Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Great iPhone app - super camera app

Greg Ozimek, an active FAAC member met me at a local Taco Bell last week. We met to grab a quick snack and he had a pair of iphone charging cables he ordered over the Internet. These are affordable and were really convenient because they are longer than normal iPhone cables. As Greg was ordering some other cables he added them to his order for me. At Taco Bell I picked them up and paid him for them.

Then the fun began.

Greg recently purchased an iPod touch and has been researching some apps. He showed me a free app called Super Camera by Blue Onion Soft. This is a great piece of iPhone software and they have a slightly more advanced version with more filter and frame effects that cost 99 cents.

I immediately bought the dollar version and we started to play with photos at Taco Bell. Some great effects can be had even inthe free version of the app with a filter called sketch.

There are photoshop effects that can do this, but doing this in the iPhone or iPad quickly is a real blast.

The sketch filter seems to work best with architectural and building elements. Sometimes it works okay with soft and round features in natural objects but often its better with buildings.

Here's an example from a shot at HJRO.

But don't take my word for it, check out the quick sketch below my iPad made in less than 20 seconds.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment