Monday, March 28, 2011

Opening up HJRO again tonight

I'll be returning to the observatory in Lincoln park to open it up at 9:45.

I saw and attempted to take more photos of mercury tonight.

Couldn't see Mercury until 8:30 and it was low on the horizon.

More details later, it was a nightmare in some cases with little last minute setup issues and battery power problems with my nexstar 4se.

What can I say, the little 4se battery compartment and cheap switch issues can be a nightmare.

Plus the finder wasn't working.

It was comedy night in the field now to get back to serious observing with a better setup.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 28, 2011, at 4:07 PM, "Gregory" wrote:

I'll be observing the sun at the observatory at about 4:45pm.

May continue observing there until about 6pm.

Then plan on taking a break and traveling to taco bell parking lot at the Allen park mall on the hill near best buy and meijers at sunset about 7:15pm to view Mercury as it sets during twilight.

Perhaps after that time I will return this evening to HJRO Hector J Robinson observatory. I'll put another post if I return for evening viewing.

I'm viewing Mercury from a hilly area near outer drive and Southfield road where the elevated mall is to see the low horizon. This is a good local viewing spot. It will be cold out there so visitors should dress extremely warm for cold weather.
Children under 18 need to be accompanies with an parent or guardian.

Greg

__._,_.___
Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 1 New Photos 1 New Files 2
Visit Your Group
Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
.

__,_._,___


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment