Sunday, March 6, 2011

I just did a quick eyeball estimate of Saturns height above the horizon

I estimated it was about 40 degrees above the horizon using my hands outstretched as a way to measure the angle.

Then I looked at the computer screen to see what the software program states is the elevation.

The computer states the planet is 39 degrees and six minutes above the horizon. So my quick estimate using the outstretched hand technique was pretty accurate.

Saturn is jumping around in the 25mm eyepiece view through the c14. At 3911mm in focal length the 25mm eyepiece gives 156 power. At 156 power Saturn is jumping around die to air turbulence. Conditions are not very good at this time.

I'm going to look at something else and then return to look at Saturn.

Transparency is really good tonight the image would be very clear if it wasn't moving around so much. Maybe the winds will die down.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment