Monday, March 28, 2011

Observing the sun through solar telescope at the observatory today

I'll be observing the sun at the observatory at about 4:45pm.

May continue observing there until about 6pm.

Then plan on taking a break and traveling to taco bell parking lot at the Allen park mall on the hill near best buy and meijers at sunset about 7:15pm to view Mercury as it sets during twilight.

Perhaps after that time I will return this evening to HJRO Hector J Robinson observatory. I'll put another post if I return for evening viewing.

I'm viewing Mercury from a hilly area near outer drive and Southfield road where the elevated mall is to see the low horizon. This is a good local viewing spot. It will be cold out there so visitors should dress extremely warm for cold weather.
Children under 18 need to be accompanies with an parent or guardian.

Greg


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment