Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's the astronomers weeknight curse

Basically there was clouds and haze while I was at the observatory tonight.

I was going to leave by 11 o'clock if nobody showed up. Noone came by and I basically took my time closing up the place. Noting a visitors entry and double checking the door to insure it was locked.

As I was walking to my car I looked up, the sky looked clear and fairly transparent. There might be some haze that I can't see, bit it looks pretty nice for observing. Most of the clouds have left.

But I have work tomorrow and have errands to run, so it's time to go. Bad weather while I was there, an astronomers curse.

Anyway I might break out a small telescope at home before I hit the bed.

I may set my alarm, get up early an look at Jupiter at about 5am or so. If the sky is transparent Jupiter might look really nice tomorrow morning or I should say in about 4 hours from now.

That's about all for now. I took some shots of the moon as it was in the clouds and haze. The ones from the canon were better than the lame iPhone attempts but I canonly post the iPhone attempts at this time because I'm blogging from the iPhone. Here's one, not really a good shot as it was handheld and using te iPhone.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Meadowbrook Rd,Northville,United States

1 comment:

  1. Next time you do a 5am viewing, give me a call. You should have my number on your Iphone.

    Robert Cartwright

    ReplyDelete