Saturday, June 12, 2010

Found a diamond?

There's a lot of solar activity on the sun right now. The clouds and heat are keeping me away fromthe observatory durin the day.

I found what appeared to be some kind of stone, diamond or cz or a cheap gemstone today.

This was on a floor.

Meetings fellow faac member for lunch, I took the mystery gem along to see what others would think of this.

Most seemed to think it some other type of stone, to reflective for a diamond.

I did some basic tests but couldn't be sure, I'm no expert in gems.

At home I got a closer look at it. There were several scratches on it's face. I don't think it's a diamond.

I took an iPhone stillof it using a 25mm televue plossl eyepiece. You can see the scratches in this.

Waiting for good viewing conditions. Greg







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment