Saturday, June 26, 2010

Comet k5 2009 mcnaught

Had an interesting question about seeing about comet. Would we be able to pull it up and look at it.

At first I thought it was a different comet as there are a lot of mcnaught comets it was easy to get confused as to the one we were wondering about.

K5 2009 is the one Robert was asking about. It's actually visible at 10pm in a big enough telescope. But it's at mag 12.6 and getting fainter as it moves away from the sun.

R1 mcnaught is bright -
4.7 magnitude on June 28 for r1

But it is to close to the sun and we can't see it because the sun would be making the sky to bright for us to see it.

Also r1 is too low for the c14 to see in the morning.

I'd write more here but I'm on my way to dinner.

Below is a photographic screen shot of the sky software showing the orbit of comet r1.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment