Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Eight slides for presentation at HJRO

Here are some slides I tried to trow together for a repeating presentation at HJRO tonight.

They were in a keynote iPad presentation, but the iPad was having issues when I tried to run it at the table tonight during the middle school science night.

More info on the science night may follow later after the slides.




The larger tube which was 9 feet long is stored at a mystery location now, disposed of but rescued or stored by a FAAC member





The solar image on the right looks yellow, because I processed it and changed the color to give it that yellow color feel. But it actually looks like the orange sun we see in the upper left photo through the telescope.







Pluto really looks just like a faint star from our vantage point.




Yes I know, Andromeda is much better looking, with better photographing setups and exposures, we are getting mostly the core and missing much of the detail in this photo.




Different power photographs of the moon. All using the Canon EOS t1i the larger ones through the c14 at HJRO. The smaller moon and Jupiter through the Meade refractor at HJRO.




A nice turnout from a star party presentation in 2010




Some of the regulars at HJRO in the wide angle photo. That photo was taken with equipment that Brian and Tim C own in our club, not my Canon EOS. Mars and the Beehive cluster in the last photograph. Taken through the Meade refractor at HJRO.


As you can see I can throw together a pretty nice multiple picture slide show with keynote. Keynote on the Mac works a lot better than on my iPad however. I'll remember to use keynote or power point on the regular computer next time..

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment