Sunday, February 24, 2013

Been under the weather a little lately.

Been dealing with a lot of pain and ear aches which keep me out of the cold weather lately. This has kept me from opening up as much as some would probably like to see the observatory open.

I ran into a club member the other day at the library in Lincoln Park. He asked me how the weather was and what the predictions were.

I didn't know and hadn't looked.

I ended up picking up an income tax form, then going out to a warm coffee house to edit video in the evening. Afterward, at around 9pm I saw the sky was clear, but still haze and clouds were in the lower horizons while I was returning home. The weather felt to me like it was a lot colder than 30 degrees. I imagined that it was almost zero before getting in my car, but this was probably due to my fighting a cold or some bug. Since I didn't feel very well I just returned home, stopping at a store on the way to pick up a few needed items.

Later in the evening I looked at my phone. Two members called me. One being James who was at the library. The other being Art. My phone was on vibrate so I didn't hear or feel it when it went off. So I missed their calls.

I think Art just wanted to chat a bit, we've been playing phone tag a bit. I think James wanted to know if HJRO was open. Well it's cold out and I've been under the weather as well, so unless someone else opened up HJRO it probably was closed.

In other news I actually stopped by HJRO Friday during the day to meet and witness some debugging and plans that they have to upgrade the computer system. I was there about 50 minutes and left to eat dinner. It was interesting to see the plans and hear part of the things going on there. We had a half dozen people in the observatory Friday.

We may have a better setup, at least that is the plan and that may allow us to stream live feeds from the observatory I'm the future. That has been a plan and a goal, but I'm not sure if those feeds will involve much more than feeds to the classroom which still would be a wonderful thing.

We've done a few test feeds but not to the classroom in the past. We used goto meeting or a Remote desktop client for those feeds and tests. They worked well. Goto meeting actually works really well, but we don't have a license for it and I don't pay for a subscription any more. I used to have one that I bought for my use at work, and it was something I had in my toolkit for work, but since I retired I don't have that any more.

Greg


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment