Sunday, August 1, 2010

What to do when it's cloudy

Eat out.

When I returned home from Carters in Dearborn, the sky cleared up a little. This was later at night around midnight.

I had other errands to run. Once finished, I looked up and saw the moon rising with mist and clouds. Wanting to check out the moon a bit with the binocular telescope, I set it up for a quick look. The ridges near the terminator line were amazing to view. The night and conditions were getting worse, but I took a few shots of the setup and tried to take a handheld shot through the eyepiece with the iPhone camera. Those photos looked to be poor in quality, so I pulled put the canon eos and tried taking a few with that.

I didn't have time to upload those photos to the blog and didn't bring my camera to do any uploading during lunch, so the photo from Carters will remain in this post.

I'll try to post one of the other photos in the next blog entry.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment