Saturday, August 7, 2010

I finally saw the pleidies open star cluster this year

It's been a while since I saw this cluster. Nice to see it rise at the Dexter viewing location but it was nearly 3am when I noticed it being out.

So many bright stars it was difficult to find constellations. A pretty nice dark sky site compared to the urban setting.

3am might be a little late at the FAAC picnic viewing site tomorrow. I have a feeling it will be some time before m45 pleidies is visible for the observing or star parties.

I took to many pictures compared to what I thought I'd take out here and stayed out here too long. O decided to sleep on the couch out here and drive back tomorrow morning. At least the dew will clear off all the eypieces by sunrise. I had so much dew on stuff I left the caps off most of the eyepieces.

Time to snooze. . .




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment