Monday, August 16, 2010

Jupiter Thru Nexstar 4SE


****
Do you wonder where I've been. I've been under the weather. That is suffering from some kind of cold, ailment or whatever. It was so bad I thought I was going to pass out and felt sick enough to check myself into ER last week. I didn't know if I was having a heart attack or what? I felt dizzy and as if I would pass out any moment, so off to ER I went.

Tonight I'm still under the weather and I didn't plan out going out to the observatory, because I've been to much under the weather. I did however take a quick look out with my telescopes at home and took a few shots of Jupiter with my little Nexstar. The sky is so transparent and wonderful tonight. I wish I felt better and could have been out and opened up the observatory. It's also cool out and no bugs were biting.

I combined trips tonight, that is I took out my binocular scope briefly before eating dinner out tonight.

I felt like my back was ripped up pretty well and I haven't even done anything to cause that.

Finally after viewing the moon a bit, I drove home. Immediately seeing that the seeing looked good, I brought out the Nexstar. I decided to take a few photos through it, using the T mount on the regular eyepiece, and shooting through a 25mm and then 15mm eyepiece. Here's the results

****

Comparison of three Actual Size, jpg files. Unretouched, from Canon T1i.

These taken through a T mount (lower Right, inverted image) and a 25mm Plossl (handheld at 3x zoom into eyepiece), and through a 15mm (handheld, 3x zoomed into eyepiece).

No processing of the jpgs has been performed. All were displayed in actual size. Reduced sizes would make them sharper of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment