Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Finally aligned the mount

Now that I've finally muddled through aligning the mount with a lot of helpful messages from the Core group and some phone support yesterday with Greg Ozimek, I almost feel like an expert. But it took a little longer than anyone expected. There's a six star alignment in the mount and it's not acting up currently. (Meaning no out of control slewing (moving of the mount toward an object continuing past, being out of control.)

That's good news, and the mount seemed to be finding everything I asked it to via GOTO. Almost perfect timing to do a little Messier Marathon test of the mount. Now if I can only convince my boss an all night session would be justifiable as "helping the kids". . . :)

Have to make this post quick during lunch. A lot of work involving computer configurations happening at work today, but that's another story.


No comments:

Post a Comment