Monday, April 21, 2014

Received a comment from Tim Campbell about the Saturn images, chromatic color bleeding

Tim mentioned that the red and blue channels were out of alignment and there is a color alignment tool inside Registax that can be used to correct the offset colors.

I did that and reprocessed the Saturn photos.

Here is Saturn again, but with the colors aligned. This brings out more detail. I used virtually the same settings to process this, but changed my neat image approach a little bit. I'll update the other images in the previous post later on my laptop.






More detail :
The color channels can also be changed using advanced imaging programs like photoshop. One would have to split out the channels into layers from a one shot color tiff. Then align them as separate color channels. Registax did a pretty good job aligning the channels and it did this automatically. All I had to do was draw a box around the object from an rgb align dialog and Registax did all the work doing the alignment.

Not bad for free software off the net (Registax).

Neat image is not free however and can be bought as a stand alone piece of software or as a photoshop plug in.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment