Sunday, April 20, 2014

Capture and process of Mars at 1251x, 1:08am 4-20-2014

Update I just realized I calculated the powers wrong in the original listing and graphic.   This was calculated without the barlow lens, so my powers are stated at 625x but should be 1251x.  I'm going to change this listing and the graphical photo soon.

I opened up at the last minute without knowing how long I'd be out at about 10pm last night. I emailed a few Faac members or texted them. I thought I'd be out for one or two hours. Nobody showed up as a visitor. I had a lot of fun looking at Jupiter and Mars and tried to capture both of these planets with my canon EOS to get a good photo.

The results of the last capture and some afternoon processing are shown below.

- Mars at 1251x.
Some details

- Should calculate power for Canon EOS t-mounted on C14 as follows 3911mm focal length times 2 divided by 50, times 1.6 for 3/4 frame sensor giving 1251x.

- Used Backyard EOS on a laptop with the Canon EOS t1i.

- Captured a 400 frame AVI movie.

- Processed it a bit on a Asus laptop using Registax 6 (this software is free off the internet.)

- Exported the image as a tiff file, imported it and processed further using Neat Image noise reduction on a Macintosh computer

- Created the chart on the iPad with a Mars Atlas Map screen shot from the same time frame.

As you can see my image is a little dark compared to the chart.

Click on the photo below to see a bigger image.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment