Monday, April 1, 2013

Took a few tracking photos of the comet today from HJRO.

Woke up early, but not quite early enough to get the results I hoped for.

I was able to take some photos of the comet, but I went to bed really late last night and only had about an hour sleep. Waking up at about 6am I bolted over to the observatory and arrived at 6:08am.

I had the telescope setup and ready to go, but I didn't prefocus the camera.

That caused a delay. And some of the photos were not as in focus as I would have wanted them to be.

I haven't had time to review them and process them yet. I took a lot of dark frames and also flats as well, which are frames to reduce problems the camera might introduce into the photos. Specifically bright hot pixels, removed with dark frames and processing them, and dust in the system removed by using flat frames or white frames which show the dust.

I don't think there was any dust in the photographic path, so I think the whites are of little use. The sky glow was so bright, I doubt the dark frames will be of much value as well, but I took them just in case they would help.

All these were taken with backyard EOS so the images were streamed to my PC and none of them were captured on the sim card in the canon EOS camera.

I post pictures later, I'm heading back to bed to get some sleep.

This morning is this astronomers night time.

Greg


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment