Saturday, April 20, 2013

I might get a photo of the astronomy event at the Michigan science center

Today from 9am until 4am there is an astronomy event at the Michigan science center in. Detroit with displays planetarium shows and solar observing. But it's mostly cloudy now.

I don't know if I'll have time to get to that event. Because of things I need to do around the house.

They also have a solar viewing event at the nature center at Krnsington metro park and a beginners night at island lake state recreation facility.

The solar event at Kensington lasts until 4pm as well.

Sorry about the late post.

The island lake event starts around sunset at Island Lake state recreation area at the mill creek pond area.

I don't know if I can make it to any of these. One of the Faac members asked me if I could make it to a local lake Erie metro park or of I'd open up HJRO. I'm kind of doubtful of lake Erie but might open up at HJRO if someone else in our core group is there to man e observatory. But even with that option it will be cold tonight and a bit windy, so I'm kind of thinking I'll probably not open up HJRO either tonight.

The only good thing about the cold is it keep mesquites from biting.


Greg


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment