Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The full moon and bad skies cut my observing short, plus a dog story

There are clouds affecting the view tonight.

I only observed for a short time, just looked at the moon. I returned home and decided to call it a night, yet enjoyed the spring like fresh air outside as it 52 degrees out right now.

I was taking some telescope equipment into the house and talking to Art on the phone around midnight. Standing outside with the last package i chatted with Art. Then. . .

Something was walking nearby making a sound with it's feet moving on the sidewalk. When I looked down I was startled to see a pit bull who was walking near my one of our cars.

We both were startled a bit and he stood there. We both sized each other up. I stood still and told Art.

After perhaps ten seconds the dog decided to continue towered his house, two doors down across the street.

I then went inside my yard gate, closed it and chatted some more.

I decided to go outside and look for him to see of he was still wandering about before calling the police.

He evidently was in his yard and finished wandering.

I went to cvs and picked up some cough drops, a late night errand.

While there a young girl slim and really skinny (a drug addict kind of thin) walked into the store. She looked like she might be partly drunk or high. She had a towel with her and held it against one hand. She had a puncture wound in her neck slight scratch on her face and puncture and scratches on her left hand.

I said, "you look injured"; she replied, "yeah a pit bull attacked me." She said she owned two pit bull pets and one attacked her. I asked her if they were out and she said no there are still at home inside.

I asked her if she was going to go to the hospital and she said maybe tomorrow. Evidently she was there with her boyfriend and they were getting stuff to dress her wounds.

Two pit bull incidents within one hour. It's like a full moon in full effect. You have to be careful out there.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment