Monday, December 27, 2010

A bit of clear skies is not enough for tonight because of daytime work pressures

Unfortunately I still have a lot of work at my day job and that means I have to go to bed early. I didn't see the clouds clear away until later tonight although it looks like some clouds threaten viewing. The observatory likely still has some snow on the shutter which I still need to address.

I'm really looking forward to the new year and the chance to be away from the old day job grind. The last days before one retires should be pretty easy and fun, but I have a ton of stuff to review and turn over to the other members of the team yet. A lot of distractions and some computer changes at the last minute, caused my day job retirement to go a little less smoothly than I expected. But nobody is really ready for a retirement experience, it's kind of like getting that first job, it's a new experience.

I have ONLY two more days at work, this year and permanently, at least for a while. This means I'll be able to focus more on astronomy and other hobbies and just taking it easy for while. Some members of the club think this is great because I'll be able to stay up late all hours of the night and have the observatory open a lot more. . . We will have to wait and see about that.

My First vacation this year -
I haven't had a real vacation in the last five years. So I'm really looking forward to my early retirement. It always seemed there was one more big project to finish at work and "vacation could wait". Now that I took an early out the real vacation can begin.

The sky looks really nice a clear tonight, where there is breaks in the clouds. Really cold and crisp. I didn't even take out my binoculars however, because of the cold and I didn't want to get tempted into looking up and staying out late. Tomorrow will be a big day to get rid of most of the stuff left in my cube at work. Also I will have to fill out about eight exit forms with information that looks like exit interview stuff, technical debriefing, etc. If I'm lucky I'll be able to spend my last day at work, Wednesday saying goodbye to the few who are working at my workplace during the holidays.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment