Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm out very early or late today at the observatory

This was just for some testing and to hopefully see Jupiter in the early morning hours.

There was a lot of haze tonight and I only invited other FAAC members, telling them I was out to do some tests.

I wanted to test the "skifi" Box on the c-14 but it doesn't look like the cable setup will work as far as I can tell.

I also thought I might test the same device with my little Celestron telescope, but it's so bright outside I decided to wait and test that another day in the dome.

Since I'm alone in the dome I actually sat back and took a cat nap for a while waiting for some time to go by. Then after dozing for about an hour, I walked out to get a sweater, and decided to check out the mount accuracy in the sky software. The sky was off a bit. I synced a few objects in te sky software after finding them in the c14 with the 25mm eyepiece.

Then I put a Canon t1i on the c14 brought up m3 a globular cluster in the camera, focused the camera and took a few medium resolution jpeg photos of m3 as a test. Here's a 20 second exposure at 1600 iso.

M3, what facts can we see about that? I'll look them up and post more later or someone may wish to look them up and post a comment here.

I'm still waiting for Jupiter, but I might go home to bed before it's in position to view. Maybe I should lock up set my alarm and go home then come back out in the early morning hours before the sunrise.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment