Thursday, August 31, 2017

I'm going to try to open up tonight, probably from 12:30 to 2am

I don't know how long I'll be out.  I would like to go out and take a look at a few targets.  I'm actually thinking about taking one of my smaller telescopes and the C8 out to the observatory and toy with those for a while.  I'd take out the RASA (Rowe Ackerman Schmidt Astrograph) but weather looks like it will be getting cloudy and that setup takes to much time to setup.   I'm a bit tired as well, so I may be better off taking a camera and perhaps even using the  14 inside the observatory. 

I have a number of smaller telescopes that I use often at home over the past year now.  We will see how things go tonight.

I'll probably send out a bulk email to some people on a mailing list as well in case someone wants to show up.

Greg

Aother solar iamge added below.
 Below is a close up of a solar flare that was happening during the eclpse.  This was taken through a C9.25 telescope with an Airy Lab 9.25 HA filter setup.  The telescope is capable of taking very close HA images which is high resolution and very close and small cropped pieces of the sun.  Here we can see that the sun looks like a bit of a piece of a crescent, because this image was taken during the solar eclipse.

I also have a Lunt 100mm HA telescope which can show detail and zoom in, but will not get as close as this image or show the level of detail possible with this C9.25 special Hydrogen Alpha setup.


1 comment: