Sunday, June 23, 2013

Today some Faac volunteers setup the new rings for the c14

The c14 is now remounted with rings that will give a more secure bond to the mount. This will stop a familiar creaking noise we used to hear once in a while with the stock Celestron mounting dovetail. The stock mount had other telescopes supported on the tube of the c14 itself. Now we don't have those mounted to the tube, but they are mounted to stronger and more rigid telescope rings.

This happened today as the sun set. George Korody, Mike Rousseu, Tim Dey, James French and I were at the observatory to help out and perform the new setup. George and Mike led the effort and George donated the rings to the observatory.

I took a photo of the setup. But I, not posting that here.

I'm posting a photo of Venus and Mercury which I took last week at HJRO, during a brief visit.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment