Tuesday, March 26, 2013

PDF photo diary of Comet Panstarrs, from my perspective.

Here's some of the photos in a PDF with basic captions.  Not a lot of writing in this PDF which can be a good thing. . . :)

This link won't last forever.  It's probably good for about a month.  I may have this uploaded to a different site or an updated version later.

The WETRANSFER site seems safe enough.  I've used it a few times sending and receiving files and haven't run into any problems, so I put the file up there.

This was created from a number of photos I took.  The biggest drawback of my comet Panstarrs diary is I wish I had better close up photos of the comet.  I never used a tracking mount for any of my photos, so I could not take nice long exposures of the comet through a telescope, because longer exposures would blur more and pick up the earth's rotation.

There were many others who took better photos of the comet, thanks to tracking mounts that could overcome the rotation of the earth.

I was taking photos of the event and mostly wide field shots of the event.  More like Sunset or dusk photos of the sky.  A four or five second exposure with a wide field of view won't be zoomed in close enough to see much star trails or blur.

http://we.tl/jkqJHYyD3m

No comments:

Post a Comment