Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A quick photo of the moon at about 400x, actually part of the moon.

Here is a photo of the moon, using my iPhone. Handheld with 40mm eyepiece. Aimed iPhone through the eyepiece at a part of the moon. That 40mm eyepiece was mounted in a Celestron C14 at 3911mm focal length. So the effective power with about a 4.5 power zoom into the eyepiece was roughly 400x.

The moon actually looked better than this when we looked at it though the telescope. Usually a quick photo, looks at least four times worse than what we'd see at the eyepiece, maybe even worse depending on the photo and techniques used. I sharpened this a bit and removed a bit of red glow from the observatory lights which I inadvertently left on while taking this quick photo.





Below is the sharpen mask I painted in to sharpen most of the photo.

I also used a negative curve on some of the red to remove a red glow, not shown below.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment