Sunday, February 26, 2012

For those of you wondering, HJRO is closed tonight

Today I spent some time running errands and getting over a cold, or virus bug. I was recovering from a bug or folding had for a few days. I also was hanging out running errands with my sister. I felt pretty bad last Thursday night, and even worse Friday. Saturday I felt a bit better but still stayed inside much and didn't go out much. Today I feel better, but not to well when chilled in the cold and then heading back indoors. I might stil be recovering a bit from the cold/virus/whatever.

I was also up burning my candle at both ends a few nights last week doing patent searches. Had a "new telescope" idea that I thought might be unique and new and wanted to check that out. More about that later. Spent about 8 to 10 hours doing patent searches last week, that didn't help much.

Faac member called me to see if HJRO was going ti be open.
I had a member call me to see if I the observatory was open. I wasn't ble to find anyone in the core group who could come out and help support opening the observatory. My ears had been aching as well and its really cold out. Had some fun chatting with various members of the club. Walking outside the moon is close to Jupiter, both nice targets for observing and there's Venus.

I decided to stay away from the observatory and leave it closed tonight. I decided to stay in warm locations and get a late night dinner. Was able to network and have some members meet others at other observing locations. I decided against joining them however because I don't want to pass on any germs or possible virus illnesses I'm getting over. I hope to feel better and possibly open up tomorrow night Monday as the sky is supposed to be clear.

I even thought a bit about doing a bit of solar observing today, but it was still cold out and I was actually feeling a little bit worse than I'm feeling now. So I figured why push my luck, the stars will be out other nights.

It's can be tough to observe in the cold weather. There is a solution, but that involves the design and use of a different type of observatory. More about that in a future post.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment