Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's been a busy holiday

I noticed the sky looked clear out so I went out to take a look and see if I could catch a view of a sleigh.

I went by the observatory at about 11:35pm. There was a slight breeze and thin clouds starting to cover about half the sky.

I took the cover off the c14 and opened up the observatory briefly to take a peek at the sky.

I looked at m42 could see dive stars in the trapezium with the 33 mm eyepiece. Nice dark lanes as well very clear and transparent or so it seemed.

Then I looked at Jupiter which was in some thin cloud haze. Jupiter with the 15mm eyepiece didn't look very good. I placed a 25mm eyepiece in the c14 for less power, more detail and a smaller planet but not much due to poor seeing conditions.

I didn't allow the scope any cool down time. A 5 mph breeze came in through the dome making it seem colder than 34 degrees. I snapped a picture of the telescope thus Christmas eve and then shut the place down. Locking up I left and decided to put this brief post out.

It's cold out there, better for north pole flights than viewing.

(below the c14 telescope aimed at Jupiter.)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Glad you didn't stay out too long. Stay healthy and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete