Friday, July 1, 2011

At almost 500 power Jupiter showed detail via iPhone

Video clip with iPhone looking at Jupiter through the C14 at Hector J Robinson observatory this morning.

Not bad considering we are looking through almost 500 power. Truthfully it looked a lot different through the eyepiece. You could see detail like this at lower power, but the higher power like this 8mm eyepiece looked fuzzy to the naked eye.

The iPhone needs a big image in the eyepiece to get a good exposure. Other cameras are much better than the iPhone for this kind of thing.

But I only had my iPhone out last night so I did the best I could with that phone.


The music was Pandora radio playing a Miles Davis jazz channel. We don't normally play music when others visit, I had mucus out there because I was alone.

YouTube Video

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment