Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another look and a very basic beginner stack test

What a common stacking program for the Macintosh can do. I'm not really sure when looking at this picture if one can really tell what's going on and the advantage to stacking. I basically played with a stacking program, but have to review the images to give more details. I took four images and staked them. I played with the colors a bit using this piece of software called Lynkeos.

There are other settings, but I'm no means an expert or even an intermediate user. I'm mostly experimenting currently. I used a Gaussian blur on this as well, and really don't know at this time if it did much to improve the image. I'd have to play with the program more and perhaps with more images or better images to learn more. Is this a better image than the first one? I'll leave it for the viewer to judge. Perhaps we'd see more ability to change the image with less noise because the images are stacked. But in this case the image consisted of only four photos and Lynkeos appears to only work with JPG source material. I'll have to look more at the software and options to see if it can work with RAW or if there's a big advantage to pre-processing these with some kind of Canon utility perhaps altering the raw images first before stacking them. It seems that most members in the Astro imaging SIG (Special interest group) at the FAAC club, stack first and they adjust contrast and other image attributes. With more time and practice and more photos to play with hopefully I'll improve and have some better images to post in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment